North Carolina National Guard Survivors’ Outreach Fund, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to provide support, information, and services to North Carolina National Guard Gold Star and Survivor family members, to conduct events and memorials in memory of their loved ones, and to encourage the public to honor and remember our fallen heroes.
What we do:
- Provide dedicated community support to programs that embrace and reassure surviving family members of Guardsmen that their sacrifices will be honored and never forgotten
- Promote activities and interests designed to foster a positive mental attitude and spirit of camaraderie among the survivors to face the future with courage
- Support efforts that encourage and help survivors to be continually connected to the Military Family and community through unified support programs and activities for as long as they desire
Focus of NCNGSOF resources:
- Funding annual Survivors’ Outreach event
- Provide financial assistance to meet the immediate needs of surviving family members
- Special projects that recognize the contributions and service of our fallen Soldiers and Airmen
In 2008 the North Carolina National Guard began holding annual survivors’ outreach events. From 2008 until 2016, these annual events were funded by the NCNG, as well as private donors. Military funding for these events ended in early 2017.
Seeing the need for continued support of these events, North Carolina National Guard Survivors’ Outreach Fund was established as an independent non-profit organization to serve as the financial instrument to fund the annual survivors’ outreach event. Our success is solely dependent upon donors who recognize the importance of never forgetting the families of our fallen Soldiers and Airmen.
It’s worth noting that each of our board members serve in an unpaid voluntary capacity. Our purpose is simple, to serve the needs of North Carolina National Guard surviving families.